There are many small networks of friendship between Jordanians and Japanese as you will get to see soon, however there is no umbrella to connect all these efforts that vary in size and shape. The JJF is a humble effort to net together small pieces into one complete collage showing as much as possible the story of friendship on human level that witnesses at large the true deep friendship that the two people hold for each other.
The Dream: The Dream includes two houses of friendship in both Japan and Jordan they are identical in purpose we could all start our small efforts to reach these goals.
In Jordan we wish to utilize one old Jordanian houses of Amman in Alweibdeh or Jabal Amman to transfer it into a Japan Jordan Friendship House, where different Japanese culture aspects and arts could be taught and visitors from Japan could give short trainings or one day demonstrations ( e.g. Tea ceremony, Ikebana, Calligraphy, Judo, …etc. ) and there would be a small guest house to accommodate those who will give lecture on voluntary basis, some efforts to realize such project has already started and continued work is taking place to realize this dream.
Such cultural activities like lectures and Art demonstrations would be open to All Jordanians interested . The Friendship House could also contain the followings:
1. A library on Japan both English and Japanese: ( More than 300 books are ready for this project in Jordan)
2. To teach Japanese language at the center.
3. To publish and translate Japanese books like children books and novels
for those interested.
4. To teach Japanese cooking.
5. To have different friendship gatherings.
6. other ideas that come from reader are most welcome, please contact us for suggestions.
Here are some suggested activities that we look forward to do both in Jordan and Japan for each target group depending on their specific needs and interests :
To preset the real Japan to Jordanians, and at the same time for the Japanese living in Jordan temporarily to support with everyday challenges and adaptation support.
A: for Jordanians in Jordan: To present the real image of Japan, through the dream house of friendship mentioned above
B: Japanese in Jordan: To support with everyday challenges and adaptation support, shopping, and show the real hospitality of Jordanians by hosting, real Jordanian life experience by visiting Jordanian families, and planning trips to villages and rural areas to present the traditional cultural heritage of Jordan.
Due to the limited resources we started at Jordan Ambassadors’ official residence the preparatory meetings, many small preparatory meetings, and two official meetings took place , besides that we started Jordanian cooking classes, and also arts with Jordanian touch (like painting class with a Jordanian theme like Jordanian flowers, nature, history, etc. )
C: for Jordanians in Japan:
1. Adaptation support:
Support Jordanians who come for a short stay in Japan, with whatever obstacles and hardships they meet. And provide basic Japanese conversation leaflet.
Guide for newly comers: where to buy halal food, Mosque locations, prayer times, contacts from the network.
2. Cultural activities such as lectures, workshops, charity bazaars, cooking lessons.
3. Introducing Jordan in depth for Japanese who are going to live in Jordan (e.g. JICA members).
4. Organizing tailored trips to Jordan, through some travel agencies for Japanese who gained interest Jordan (e.g. After a lecture on architecture a tailored trip for architects).
5. Business seminar or Project: Proposal for Japanese private sector (e.g. who wish to invest in Iraq to have their base in Jordan)
B: for Japanese in Japan:
* Cultural activities such as lectures, workshops, charity bazaars, cooking lessons.
* Introducing Jordan In depth for Japanese who are going to live in Jordan (ex. JICA members).
* Organizing tailored trips to Jordan, through some travel agencies for Japanese who gained interest Jordan (ex. After a lecture on architecture a tailored trip for architects).
* Business seminar or Project: Proposal for Japanese private sector (ex.who wish to invest in Iraq to have their base in Jordan)
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the U.S. and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life the Chief may also be involved in fire prevention.
The city council have the real super powers as administraion to lead country.
Experience the Tradition, Great and the Natural Beauty of the City
The news about recent activities for needed peoples claimed.